Background

Monday, August 26, 2013

Crafty Fun

This weekend was a blur of craftiness!  So many projects and so little time.  However, to my amazement, they all got done thanks to my lovely hubby who allowed me to much needed "play" time!

First of all, today is my mom's birthday!  Happy Birthday, Mom!!!  We decided to celebrate last night with dinner and some fun times together!  I made my mom a card (naturally!) and a necklace.  I also got her a box of chocolates from Sublime with her favorite pieces in it!  




The necklace was a big hit (as was the chocolate!)  My mom said she had a great birthday celebration!

After my mom's birthday crafts were completed, I worked on several other projects.  Some I will show now and some I will save for later!

First up, I discovered Some Odd Girl Digital Stamps back in 2011 when I saw a sample on Splitcoaststampers that used "Kiss a Prince Tia."  I was so smitten, I bought that digi right away and made a card for my hubby for our anniversary.  I have always called Hubby my Frog Prince, so this is perfect.  I didn't want it to be too girly, so I stuck with some simple, natural colors!
Well, I recently rediscovered Some Odd Girl on Instagram and fell in love again with the cute stamps.  I bought a few more digis!  I colored these new ones, but I experimented with just using Prismacolor Pencils and the colorless blending pencil.  Long ago, I decided Copics were too expensive for me to obtain.  I have experimented with other ways to get that awesome, real-life color look.  Here is what I came up with:



I "fussy cut" her out and layered her on some patterned paper and vellum snowflakes.  I knew I wanted to use the 'my world is brighter because of you' sentiment because of the lights she is holding!  I had everything laid out, but wasn't totally sold until I added a few sequins.  Then, my card came together easily!  What do you think?

My last and final crafty thing this weekend was a Project Life spread.  This was the week of April 28 through May 4.  It was my first time to try out the "A Day in the Life" project that Ali Edwards created.  I shot pictures throughout the day.  It was really cool!  I also used some of my Studio Calico kits again.  I love using these up and seeing how great they look!  Here is my spread and some close ups!  
Left side

A Day in the Life close up

Right side



Thank you for looking at my accomplishments.  I will have more up later in the week with the Social Media Butterflies Blog hop!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment