Background

Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Catch-up

Good Morning!  I had great plans to have all kinds of post ready for this week.  Um, yeah, that didn't happen.  I hope to have some big plans for this blog- not only my crafty things, but also more glimpses into my life.  However, for now, let's just catch up!

This past weekend, one of my husband's co-workers got married.  Since my husband is the manager, we, naturally, were invited and had to attend.  I had some reservations: I'm a good wall flower- especially when I don't know anyone.  I was worried it would be uncomfortable.  I ended up having a good time, so it all turned out well.  It was a beautiful wedding, and the reception was nice.  I'm glad I went looking back on it.  So, naturally, I had to make a wedding card.  I wanted something simple but nice since I didn't really know the couple.  I found a card on Pinterest I thought would be simple.  Ha!  I started working on it, and decided to watch Tangled while I was working.  Um, this was only my second time to see Tangled, so the card took me most of the movie to make because I kept getting caught up in the movie.  True Story!  Anyway, without further ado, here is the card:
I was happy with it.  I couldn't get the bow straight, but otherwise, it was very nice. 



Lately, I've been very inspired by Some Odd Girl.  Kristy Dalman is the artist and designer behind SOG.  She is amazing!  I love her work, and I stalk follow her instagram feed for her sketches and coloring.  They are amazing!  Aaaannnyhooo...I've been very inspired by her images and by the Some Odd World.  Most of these talented ladies on Some Odd World use Copics to color their images.  Er, well, honestly, I can't afford Copics.  I briefly looked into it a few years ago, and decided it wasn't for me.  I can't justify the cost.  However, I do experiment with other media!  Right now, my media of choice is Primsacolor pencils.  I've been in love with them since I was young.  My dad used to be a geophysicist.  He would survey land to see where was the best place to drill for oil.  He did a lot of maps, and I remember he gave me some colored pencils one time.  It was a mix of brands, and I was thrilled.  Mixed in with these colored pencils were some Prismacolors.  I was amazed at what they could do.  I started buying more and more.  Now, I'm obsessed.  They are so versatile.  I've been experimenting with them on the SOG images.  Ok, so they aren't Copics, but I get some nice shading and great coloring with them!

Here is my latest card with the SOG Winter Mae image:
I did this card for two challenges: one on Some Odd World where the challenge was to use our dies or cut files.  I made some snowflakes on my Cameo and used them on this card.  I also did the card for a challenge on the SOG blog.  They have a monthly challenge where they give you a sketch and ask you to use it as a springboard for a card.  This month's challenge was a very simple sketch, and I have seen all kinds of interpretations!  This is mine!

Thanks for catching up with me and my crafts! :)  Hopefully, soon, I will come up with many more ideas on how to liven this blog up!  Any ideas are welcomed!

Have a great day, and if you have any questions about my projects or supplies, just leave a comment!  (I love to read comments, anyway and would love to hear from you!!!)

3 comments:

  1. What lovely creations Kristin! I still like your take on the sketch. You are so right about so many different interpretations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Kristin. I love the WoW number, very elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect winter card! Your other creation is wonderful as well! Thanks for joining us at the SOG challenge!

    ReplyDelete