Background

Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year!!

First of all, yes, I realize it has been quite some time since I blogged.  For anyone who follows me, I'm deeply sorry.  That IS going to change!  I've accepted a few challenges.  However, before I talk about those, let me catch up a bit.

Happy New Year!  I know it is January 11, but I still wanted to say it.  Aren't new years the best?  I don't know about you, but I feel like this year is going to be different.  I always feel that way, but isn't that what makes the new years great?  A new beginning!  I hope you are having a marvelous 2013!!

Last year, I decided I was going to try to tackle Project Life.  (Click here if you have never heard of Project Life)  I wasn't sure how it would work out, but I was ready to try.  Last Sunday, I editted my photos and used Marcy Penner's Project Life planner:
Using Marcy's planner was a life saver for me.  It helped me to see where I wanted to use certain photos, and it helped me when it came time to print my photos out.  You can download her planner for free.  It is a great resource.
 
 
I printed my photos out and went to work.  I knew my plan was fairly close to what I wanted.  I rounded the corners and slid the photos into the correct slots.  I was amazed how quickly the whole thing went together!!  I had planned a few spots for jounralling cards.  I was in a PL card swap where we made cards and swapped them with an assigned partner.  (Check out this thread on the Studio Calico Message Board if you would like to participate in the next round!)  I made these below:
 


I knew I wanted to use my New Year's Eve card for my layout.  I added that one, and then I created one more for my spread.  Then I decided to add a Currently card from Rukristin Papercrafts.  Here is my final project:


 
 
 
 
 
 
Not bad for a first try!  Come join the fun and start Project Life!
 
As far as blogging more, I told you I took on two challenges, so keep an eye on my blog to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment