Background

Saturday, September 1, 2012

New things this week!

Hi!  I'm back to bring you up-to-date on my adventures! :)  I've been busy this week.  I've made all kinds of new things from food to another mini-album!  I LOVE being creative!!!
 
First of all, I joined 30 days of Lists!  It is too late to join now, but in case you are curious, visit their website: http://30daysoflists.com/  Daily, they post prompts, and the partipants make lists from that prompt!  I am an avid list maker.  It is the only way I can get things done!  I had to join this.  For this project, I created a small mini-album to house the lists I make. 
 
I used up some of my old/hoarded supplies.  I wanted to use some of my favorite patterned papers, so I could enjoy them instead of keeping them hidden in my closet!  For the cover, I used supplies mostly from Studio Calico's Summer of '69 kit add-on called Six String.  I had a blast making the cover!  Plus, I discovered that Scrapbooking Flair is AWESOME!  I'm so in love.  I've even found some on Etsy, that I really want to purchase!  (Check out AFlairforButtons on Etsy!)
 
At home, it is just my husband and myself along with three crazy dogs.  I usually make dinner because I'm home earlier.  Well, I get tired of the 'same old thing', so I get new recipes off Pinterest.  You can follow me here if you need some ideas!   I have so many recipes to try, so I experiement with a few a week when we can afford it!  This week I tried two receipes: Swiss Mushroom Bacon Meatloaf and Pepperjack and Spinach stuffed Cajun Chicken Breasts
 
The Swiss Mushroom Bacon Meatloaf was AMAZING!
I am NOT a big meatloaf fan, but mu husband is!  I usually just make it for him with the McCormick's seasoning packet.  However, when I saw this recipe, I knew we had to try it.  How can you go wrong with Swiss cheese, bacon, and mushrooms??? It was the BEST. MEATLOAF. EVER!!!!!  I'm not lying!  Try it and see.  I don't think I will ever make any other meatloaf EVER again! 
 
The Pepperjack and Spinach stuffed Cajun Chicken breasts were quite good, too!  They were a pill to put together, but otherwise, very tasty!!
Try them and see!  They were worth it!  We had them with rice pilaf and carrots. 
 
One more thing: Today, being September 1 (can you believe it??), kicked off the 30 Days of Lists.  The prompted was "I am a lister because. . ."  I shortened it to "I am a lister. . ."  Here is my page (through an Instagram filter!):


1 comment:

  1. Those are the reasons I make lists too! not doing the 30 days, but love your first list.

    ReplyDelete