Background

Monday, April 29, 2013

Blogapalooza with Chic Tags!


Hello & welcome to our April #SMBiGblog hop! Each month we feature one of our favorite companies, and host a blog hop of inspiration, showing off the products and our designers, as well as a guest from the company. THIS month, we were lucky enough to have the entire Chic Tags team join us for a BLOGAPALOOZA-- over 20 projects to inspire you to get those Road Trip goodies out & start creating! Travel along with us, starting at the Chic Tags blog, here. Along the way, there are plenty of prizes and freebies-- Die cuts, printables and chances to win some of your favorite Road Trip paper goods, and one GRAND prize winner of the Road Trip, Everyday Life II & Birthday Wishes collection!!!! Good luck, and happy hopping! If you would like to purchase some of these adorable products, head on over to the Chic Tags website!

I was blown away by the generousity of Chic Tags!  We got tons of goodies to play with, so I was excited to find a project that would feature as many of these great products as I could!  I decided the slightly muted colors of the Road Trip collection would go perfectly with photos from my childhood.  I went to my mom's house where I searched through years of photos to find some I wanted to feature in a mini album.  I decided on photos from a road trip we took to Colorado in 1985 when I was six. 

First of all, I must give a shout out to my Mom:
Look at her journaling!  She would label every photo she had printed (even the bad ones) with location, people and date!  I remember her sitting at her desk some afternoons working on this project for hours!  It was time consuming, but I'm glad she did it!  It certainly helped me to fill in the gaps in my memory when creating this mini album!  Thanks, Mom!!


I was inspired by one of Caz's sneaks of her project on instagram.  She created an album by simply stitching her paper down the middle.  Well, my sewing machine is new (to me- it is actually pretty old), and I couldn't remember how to thread it.  I decided to just hand stitch my pages together. 

 Once the album was assembled, it was time to record the memories I had.  I will let the photos speak for themselves:


(You can thank my dog, Emma, for the photo bomb!)









Thank you for looking!  I loved working with all the beautiful Chic Tag goodies!  Remember, to keep hopping through the blogs because there are prizes you can win!  Continue with the hop by going to Jen's blog where she has some prizes just for you!

Enjoy the many projects and may the scraping-force be with you as you sign up for those prizes!!

34 comments:

  1. This is great! How awesome to have those older picures documented this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My goodness this is wonderful! I will have to add this project to my to do list! thank you for sharing and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun..... my puppy is curious about everything too....thanks for sharing such a cute minibook project ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mini! yay for your mom! She made it easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hand stitched album! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool! my mom does the same thing. i love the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable mine Kristin. So happy to hop along with you ladies today.

    Sherri - Chic Tags DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute mini and fun trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover to this album - awesomely done!! Makes me want to go to Colorado just so I can make a cool book like you!! You are tremendously talented and kudos to your mom for journaling on the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute mini album, love how it came together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome that the photos were all labeled, love the mini album.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE this album and i LOVE that i inspired you girl, I am new at sewing machines too but i just google how to thread a needle haha. love that your mum did this, so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way the memory is on the back of the photo as well as the front. Its those little things that really remind you of someone's personality, isnt it?
    I love the mini you made, the little clusters of tags really complement the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable book. I think it's great that your mom spent the time recording memories in writing, now not only you can relive those places but if future generation ever visit those same places they can look & see how it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you made this entire album yourself! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous album K!!!!! love that you used older photos of you and your family!!! Glad we got to Blog hop together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great album! My dog likes to bomb my layout photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely little project!! I am digging the hand stitched book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. mi piacciono i blog hop. si conoscono tanti nuovi blog. marta

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the album! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is an awesome album! Love how you used the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great album!! Love the way you used the cute Chic Tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Interesting way to make an album. Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great album. Love the kraft pages .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great album! Kudos to your mom for recording the memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So awesome that your mom took the time to put all that information on the back...makes for a great album, love the 80's-feel rounded corners on the photos, and the simple layout of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this mini! It looks so good with just the kraft background and the fun, bright tags on it. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank you for the chance to hopping through your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete